Montpelier-Roxbury Study Committee Charge:
The school districts of Montpelier and Roxbury have chosen to com together to form a study committee to "analyze the advisability of forming a union school district under Act 46".
The committee's work will be completed within a timeframe that will make possible consideration of a plan by voters by late Spring, 2017.
Key Results of the Operating Study Committee:
In order for the committee to develop a successful plan, we need to address the following result areas:
- Analyze the potential new unified union district relative to the goals of Act 46 and devise a plan that will assure the plan will help achieve
a) Improve education equity, quality and opportunity
b) Enhance efficiency and financial sustainability
c) Improve transparency and accountability
- Develop articles of agreement that achieve the goals, are considered legal and respect both communities.
- Support member communities in resolving particular challenges or issues.
- Inform and engage both communities regarding this entire effort.
- Complete and submit a report to the State Board in time for a vote.